.. figure:: docs/assets/logo.svg
|Build Status| |Documentation Status| |License|
TinyUSB is an open-source cross-platform USB Host/Device stack for
embedded system, designed to be memory-safe with no dynamic allocation
and thread-safe with all interrupt events are deferred then handled in
the non-ISR task function.
Please take a look at the online `documentation <https://docs.tinyusb.org/>`__.
.. figure:: docs/assets/stack.svg
├── docs # Documentation
├── examples # Sample with Makefile build support
│ ├── bsp # Supported boards source files
│ └── mcu # Low level mcu core & peripheral drivers
├── lib # Sources from 3rd party such as freeRTOS, fatfs ...
├── src # All sources files for TinyUSB stack itself.
├── test # Unit tests for the stack
└── tools # Files used internally
The stack supports the following MCUs:
- **Allwinner:** F1C100s/F1C200s
- **Broadcom:** BCM2837, BCM2711
- **Dialog:** DA1469x
- **Espressif:** ESP32-S2, ESP32-S3
- **GigaDevice:** GD32VF103
- **Infineon:** XMC4500
- **MicroChip:** SAMD11, SAMD21, SAMD51, SAME5x, SAMG55, SAML21, SAML22, SAME7x
- **NordicSemi:** nRF52833, nRF52840, nRF5340
- **Nuvoton:** NUC120, NUC121/NUC125, NUC126, NUC505
- iMX RT Series: RT10xx, RT11xx
- Kinetis: KL25, K32L2
- LPC Series: 11u, 13, 15, 17, 18, 40, 43, 51u, 54, 55
- **Raspberry Pi:** RP2040
- **Renesas:** RX63N, RX65N, RX72N
- **Silabs:** EFM32GG
- **Sony:** CXD56
- **ST:** STM32 series: F0, F1, F2, F3, F4, F7, H7, G4, L0, L1, L4, L4+, WB
- **TI:** MSP430, MSP432E4, TM4C123
- **ValentyUSB:** eptri
Here is the list of `Supported Devices`_ that can be used with provided examples.
Supports multiple device configurations by dynamically changing USB descriptors, low power functions such like suspend, resume, and remote wakeup. The following device classes are supported:
- Audio Class 2.0 (UAC2)
- Bluetooth Host Controller Interface (BTH HCI)
- Communication Device Class (CDC)
- Device Firmware Update (DFU): DFU mode (WIP) and Runtime
- Human Interface Device (HID): Generic (In & Out), Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad etc ...
- Mass Storage Class (MSC): with multiple LUNs
- Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI)
- Network with RNDIS, Ethernet Control Model (ECM), Network Control Model (NCM)
- Test and Measurement Class (USBTMC)
- Video class 1.5 (UVC): work in progress
- Vendor-specific class support with generic In & Out endpoints. Can be used with MS OS 2.0 compatible descriptor to load winUSB driver without INF file.
- `WebUSB <https://github.com/WICG/webusb>`__ with vendor-specific class
If you have a special requirement, `usbd_app_driver_get_cb()` can be used to write your own class driver without modifying the stack. Here is how the RPi team added their reset interface `raspberrypi/pico-sdk#197 <https://github.com/raspberrypi/pico-sdk/pull/197>`_
- Human Interface Device (HID): Keyboard, Mouse, Generic
- Mass Storage Class (MSC)
- Hub with multiple-level support
OS Abstraction layer
TinyUSB is completely thread-safe by pushing all Interrupt Service Request (ISR) events into a central queue, then processing them later in the non-ISR context task function. It also uses semaphore/mutex to access shared resources such as Communication Device Class (CDC) FIFO. Therefore the stack needs to use some of the OS's basic APIs. Following OSes are already supported out of the box.
- **No OS**
- `RT-Thread <https://github.com/RT-Thread/rt-thread>`_: `repo <https://github.com/RT-Thread-packages/tinyusb>`_
- **Mynewt** Due to the newt package build system, Mynewt examples are better to be on its `own repo <https://github.com/hathach/mynewt-tinyusb-example>`_
- `Supported Devices`_
- `Getting Started`_
- `Code of Conduct`_
All TinyUSB sources in the ``src`` folder are licensed under MIT
license, the `Full license is here <LICENSE>`__. However, each file can be
individually licensed especially those in ``lib`` and ``hw/mcu`` folder.
Please make sure you understand all the license term for files you use
in your project.
.. |Build Status| image:: https://github.com/hathach/tinyusb/workflows/Build/badge.svg
.. |Documentation Status| image:: https://readthedocs.org/projects/tinyusb/badge/?version=latest
.. |License| image:: https://img.shields.io/badge/license-MIT-brightgreen.svg
.. _Uses: docs/info/uses.rst
.. _Changelog: docs/info/changelog.rst
.. _Contributors: CONTRIBUTORS.rst
.. _Reference: docs/reference/index.rst
.. _Supported Devices: docs/reference/supported.rst
.. _Getting Started: docs/reference/getting_started.rst
.. _Concurrency: docs/reference/concurrency.rst
.. _Contributing: docs/contributing/index.rst
.. _Code of Conduct: CODE_OF_CONDUCT.rst
.. _Structure: docs/contributing/structure.rst
.. _Porting: docs/contributing/porting.rst