You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
this has major fixes for version 1:
- missing crystal resistor
- 3.3V dip using larger capacitor
- 6-40V feedback
- DFP over-current
this is a complete re- board layout. it does not fit an off-the selves enclosure anymore. all SMD parts are on one side to allow easier SMT assembly.
- 6-40V power input activated when UFP is connected
- use current limit on DFP (prevents USB to reset when DFP is shorted)
- 6-40V power input capacitor now lays down
- remove copper plane under crystal to prevent impedance error
- crystal still does not start
- none of the two possible OCS inputs (Dx04 XOR Dx05) work
- power dip causes reset when enabling all 7 DFP power outputs at once
this version has been designed to fit in a 100x60x25mm enclosure. this makes it very compact, and not all surface mount parts fit on one side. this is not too much of an issue since it's a hand soldered prototype.
the prototype mostly works, with a couple of small errors:
- 6-40V power input is not activated unless the hub is already powered (through USB or 5V input)
- crystal oscillator doesn't always start. I think the underlying copper plane skewed the impedance/capacitance too much
- USB-A footprint has inverted pinout: just solder it on the other side and don't swap the data pins in the EEPROM configuration
- fuse on downstream port is not fast enough to prevent shorts and causes the hub to reset
- 6-40V power input capacitor is too tall and does not fit in the case
- one of the LEDS on port 3 is misplaced